fraudEvents object is returned in the 15011 FRAUD_DETECTED error, which BlueSnap sends when a transaction triggers fraud rules. It includes these properties:
Reference ID for the BlueSnap fraud check, in case further investigation or information is required.
Unique ID given by Kount for the fraud check.
Array containing one or more fraud event objects (one for each fraud rule triggered by the transaction).
Each fraud event object within the
fraudEvent array includes the properties described below.
The fraud rule or threshold that was triggered by the order.
Errors triggered by CVV/AVS rules
- AVS_ADDR_MISMATCH: AVS address mismatch
- AVS_ADDR_NOT_VERIFIED: AVS address not verified
- AVS_NAME_MISMATCH: AVS name mismatch
- AVS_ZIP_MISMATCH: AVS zip code mismatch
- AVS_ZIP_NOT_VERIFIED: AVS zip not verified
- CVV_MISMATCH: CVV mismatch
- CVV_NOT_VERIFIED: CVV not verified
Errors triggered configurable thresholds
- blacklistIpCountryDecline: Device IP country is on the Device IP Country Decline List
- blacklistNetworkTypeDecline: Network type used by the shopper’s device is on the Network Type Decline List
- blacklistPaymentCountryDecline: BIN country of the credit card is on the Payment Country Decline List
- blacklistShippingCountryDecline: Shipping address country is on the Shipping Address Country Decline List
- cardPtokVelocityDecline: Number of transactions with the same credit card in the last hour exceeds the Credit Card 1 Hour Count Decline Threshold
- deviceFingerprintVelocityDecline: Number of transactions with the same device fingerprint in the last hour exceeds the Device Fingerprint 1 Hour Count Decline Threshold
- deviceIpVelocityDecline: Number of transactions with the same device IP in the last hour exceeds the Device IP 1 Hour Count Decline Threshold
- deviceToBillingAddressDecline: Distance from the device IP to the billing address exceeds the Device IP to Billing Distance Decline Threshold
- emailVelocityDecline: Number of transactions with the same billing email address in the last 24 hours exceeds the Email Address 24 Hour Count Decline Threshold
- highRiskDecline: Order risk score exceeds the High Fraud Risk Decline Filter
- orderTotalDecline: Total amount (in USD) for the order exceeds the Total Amount Decline Threshold
Action taken based on the fraud event code.
Explains why the rule/threshold triggered.